The Homeopathic Treatment of Diabetes and Its Complications — 5 CD-audios with A.U. RAMAKRISHNAN, MBBS, MFHom, PhD.
The Homeopathic Treatment of Diabetes and Its Complications
– Presented by A.U. Ramakrishnan, MBBS, MFHom, PhD
This presentation is on 5 CD’s and covers:
– Diabetes Mellitus
– Introduction: The management of diabetes is one of the most important subjects in clinical practice. Increasing urbanization and changing lifestyles seem to be contributing to increased prevalence of diabetes.
– Pre-Diabetes: “A golden opportunity to prevent diabetes”
– At this stage what are the remedies to think of? #1 Remedy – The Constitutional Remedy.
– Nothing to beat this……..
– Activate the Vital Force and that in turn can activate the Pancreas, the Liver, the entire Glucose Metabolism and achieve the BALANCE.
– Natrum Sulph, Sulphur, Calcarea Carb., Lycopodium
– Complications of Diabetes: 1) Diabetic Retinopathy 2) Diabetic Cardiopathy 3) Diabetic Nephropathy 4) Diabetic Neuropathy 5) Diabetic Foot
– Discussion on the remedies indicated for each complication. Again the key is early detection.
– Prevention — Management – Cure
– Ramakrishnan’s research study of diabetes
– Selection of cases for study: 1) Individuals who are known diabetics above age the age of 35 years. 2) Blood sugar reading at the peak is above 200 mgm. 3) Those who have been known diabetics for at least 5 years and have been on and off of insulin for a prolonged period.
– Ramakrishnan has done a study on 900 cases of proven diabetics and following are the observations: 1) Age: From 40 to 62 years. 2) Sex: Male – 608, Female – 292. 3)Living Condition: Nearly 90% of them in life styles with stress and strain of the urban life coupled with sedentary habits. 4) Complications: They have all had one or other of the complications, such as Cardio Vascular or Neuropathic and so on. 5) Period of Treatment: 3 months to 18 months. 6) Number of cases where blood sugar was normalized: 630 out of 900, the rest have been drop outs at various stages of treatment from 3 months and above. 7) Number of cases where a follow up for a further period of 5 years done: 406 – The reviewing was by determining the post prandial blood sugar (two hours after meal) once in 3 months.
– Remedies that can be used in the whole spectrum of “Pre Diabetic State” to the “Established Diabetes”, to the various “Complications”.
– 1) Natrum Sulph, Calc. Carb., Lycopodium, Sulphur, Uranium Nitricum, Argentum Nitricum, Apis, Glonoine, Calc. Phos., Ferrum Met., Cantharis, Terebinthin, Helleborus, Glycerine, Berberis Vulg., Kali Phos., Vesicarea, Eel’s Serum, Plumbum Met., Abroma Augusta, Vanadium, Selenium, Acid Phos, Acid Nit., Zincum Met., Sacale Cor., Aurum Met., Veratrum Vir., Acid Fluor., Ars. Iod., Lachesis, Baryta Carb., Baryta Mur., Gymnema Sylvester, Syzigium Jambolanum, Ars. Bromide, Tylophora Indica
Recorded at the 2nd Annual Joint American Homeopathic Conference. Diseases of Epidemic Proportions: The Homeopathic Response to Today’s Growing Health Challenges. April 13-17, 2007 – Denver, Colorado