A special eCourse: Homeopathic Family Medicine with DANA ULLLMAN, MPH, CCH
Our e-course in “Homeopathic Family Medicine” is directed at two groups of people:
— Health or medical professionals who want to learn how to use homeopathic medicines to treat common acute ailments and select chronic problems. Because our e-course provides people with detailed information about published scientific research on homeopathy, our e-course is truly unique, and it provides health and medical professionals with the type of information they want and need to integrate into their clinical practice.
— Individuals and parents who want to get more proficient in using homeopathic medicines at home to treat their family and their close group of friends.
People who wish to become a “professional homeopath” and who want to SPECIALIZE in homeopathic care should seriously consider taking the series of courses that we provide through the British Institute of Homeopathy. Such people will need to start with the Diploma Course in Homeopathy, then take the Post-Graduate Course, and then take the Homeopathy in Practice course.
Needless to say, deciding to specialize in homeopathy requires a greater number of courses and a deeper and longer commitment to the study and practice of homeopathy…
E-Course: “Homeopathic Family Medicine”
Our Mission and Learning Objectives
Our 10-Module eCourse
Required and Recommended Books
Our Special eBook: “Homeopathic Family Medicine”
Free Sample of Our eBook!
Certification and Continuing Education Credit Provided
Fees and Payment Plans
Why YOU Should Take This eCourse
Homeopathic Family Medicine
An eCourse and More!
· A sophisticated 10-module home/office-based eCourse in homeopathic medicine has been developed that provides reliable information on how to use these natural medicines in light of the most up-to-date published research.
· Learn how to treat 100+ common ailments.
· This eCourse integrates internet education, modern texts on homeopathy, articles from peer-review journals, audiotapes, and high quality tutoring by expert practicing homeopaths.
· Our eCourse has been developed by Dana Ullman, MPH, CCH, (author of 8 books and an internationally recognized leading educator and spokesperson for homeopathy) and the California Academy of Homeopathy
· Access reference to and description of 100+ clinical studies that have tested the efficacy homeopathic medicines (studies with positive or negative outcomes) to learn “evidence-based” medicine.
· If you do not want to take this eCourse but still want up-to-date information about homeopathy and research, you can purchase our eBook, Evidence Based Homeopathic Family Medicine, and/or a special set of audiotapes.
· This eCourse is directed at health and medical professionals, but it is open to anyone with a sincere interest in learning how to use homeopathic medicines for many common ailments.
*Internet access is required to access our online textbook and select articles as well as to receive tutoring.
Mission and Learning Objectives
The mission of this eCourse and our e-book is to teach people how to use homeopathic medicine to treat common ailments for their family. This eCourse is particularly useful to health and medical professionals interested in integrating homeopathic treatment into their clinical practices. This eCourse provides up-to-date references to clinical studies that have evaluated the efficacy of homeopathic treatment. This eCourse is meant to provide a thorough and comprehensive introduction to the science and art of homeopathy.
Upon completion of our eCourse, participants will be able to:
1. describe the history, philosophy, and present status of homeopathy
2. discuss the principles of homeopathic practice in light of modern understanding of science
3. describe the source, preparation, and formulation of homeopathic remedies
4. analyze and critically review research in homeopathy
5. identify the different schools of practice in homeopathy
6. describe the safety, toxicity and contraindications to homeopathic treatment
7. describe the legal and licensing issues regarding the practice of homeopathy in the US
8. identify the scope of patients that are appropriate for treatment with homeopathy, how to identify when to refer to a homeopathic specialist, and how to discuss the benefits and limitations of homeopathic treatment
9. describe the process of taking a homeopathic case history
10. select an appropriate remedy to treat people suffering from common acute ailments and injuries
11. describe the importance of and how to use the homeopathic materia medica and repertory, including computerized repertories
OUR 10 MODULE E-COURSE
I. History and Present Status
· Principle of similars before Hahnemann
· Samuel Hahneman, MD
· The Organon of the Medical Art
· The rise and fall and rise of homeopathy
· Present status in the world
II. Philosophy and principles of homeopathy
· Homeopathic concept of disease and illness
· Symptoms as defenses
· Disease as syndrome
· Infection as co-factors to disease
· Vital force and dynamic and energetic concepts in healing
· Definitions of health on Mental/Spiritual level, Emotional level, & Physical level
· Differentiating cure, palliation and suppression of disease (Hering’s laws/guidelines to cure)
· Principle of similars (Resonance)
· Single remedy and the minimum dose
· Importance of individualization
· Treating the whole person (Totality of symptoms)
· Miasms (Theory of chronic disease in light of modern perspectives)
III. Homeopathic Pharmacy
· Source of remedies (animal, vegetable and mineral)
· Identification of remedies
· Quality control – Homeopathic pharmacopoeia, stability and storage
· Preparation of remedies
Evidence and research
· Basic science
· Veterinary studies
· Clinical studies
· Outcome studies
· Theories of mechanism of action
IV. Homeopathic Casetaking & Case Analysis
· Types and hierarchy of symptoms
·Acute vs. chronic history taking
· Hierarchy of symptoms
· Acute, emergency, chronic, symptomatic prescribing
· Choosing a potency and dosage schedule
· Evaluation of response to remedy and 2nd prescription
· Use and value of a repertory (book and computerized versions)
· Types of case analysis
· Use and value of a repertory (book and computerized versions)
V. Patient suitability and referral
· Patients that are appropriate for treatment with homeopathy
· Identifying when to refer to a homeopathic specialist
· Benefits and limitations of homeopathic treatment
V. / VI. / VII. / VIII Homeopathic Family Medicine
· Homeopathic Family Medicine (a review of 100+ conditions, an overview of the body of research and clinical experience evaluating homeopathic treatment of that condition, a list and description of the most common medicines for people with that condition and a list and description of other medicines to consider, references to research, and references to books to learn more about the homeopathic treatment of that condition)
IX. Homeopathic Constitutional Medicines
· The bodymind typologies of Arsenicum album, Calcarea carbonica, Lycopodium, Natrum muriaticum, Nux vomica, Phosphorus, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Sulphur
X. Schools of thought in homeopathy
· Classical / constitutional
· Pathological prescribing
· Combination remedies (formulas)
· Electro-dermal testing and applied kinesiology
· Biochemic tissues salts
· Bach flower remedies and flower essences
· Uses and limitations of unconventional homeopathy
Safety, toxicity and contraindications to the use of homeopathic remedies
· licensing and certification
Philip Bailey, MD, Homeopathic Psychology. Berkeley: North Atlantic, 1995. (to learn about the constitutional personality of 34 common medicines)
P. Bellavite, MD, A. Signorini, MD, The Emerging Science of Homeopathy: Biodynamics, Complexity, and Nanopharmacology, Berkeley: North Atlantic, 2002. (to learn about homeopathic research)
John Clarke, MD. Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica (3 volumes). New Delhi: B. Jain (reprinted) (A British edition of this book is also available, but it is considerably more expensive than the edition published in India; a 10% discount is available for the British edition of this book)
Stephen Cummings, MD and Dana Ullman, MPH, Everybody’s Guide to Homeopathic Medicines. New York: Jeremy Tarcher/Putnam, 2004 (to help you learn the clinical applications of homeopathic medicines in acute care)
D.M. Gibson, MD, Studies of Homeopathic Remedies, Beaconsfield, England: Beaconsfield, 1987. (to learn about 100 more common homeopathic medicines)
James T. Kent, MD, Repertory or Frederik Schroyens, MD, Synthesis (Repertory) (useful repertories for clinical practice)(Note: Synthesis includes everything in Kent’s Repertory plus a lot more recent editions)
Todd Rowe M.D, Homeopathic Methodology: Repertory, Case Taking and Case Analysis. Berkeley: North Atlantic, 1998. (to learn about homeopathic methodology)
Dana Ullman, MPH, Discovering Homeopathy: Medicine for the 21st Century, Berkeley: North Atlantic, 1991 (to introduce you to what homeopathy is including its history and how to think homeopathically)
Dana Ullman, The Consumer’s Guide to Homeopathy, NewYork: Jeremy Tarcher/Putnam, 1995 (to introduce various critical issues involved in homeopathy, including understanding its potential and limitations, the interface between homeopathy and conventional medicine, the controversies around single-remedy and homeopathic formula products, and specific statistics about the present status of homeopathy in the world)
Dana Ullman, MPH, Evidence Based Homeopathic Family Medicine (an eBook), Berkeley: Homeopathic Educational Services, 2002…and continually updated (reviews 100+ conditions, what research and evidence exists on the efficacy of homeopathic treatment for it, assessment on whether the condition is amenable to homeopathic primary care or if a referral to a professional who specializes in homeopathy may be indicated) – This eBook IS included in the eCourse without additional charges!
Dana Ullman, MPH, Homeopathic Healing (set of 6 audio-CDs). (a series of presentations on homeopathy, homeopathic thinking, and how to apply 50+ remedies in primary care) – included in the eCourse.
George Vithoulkas, The Science of Homeopathy. (to understand homeopathic principles and methodology)
Highly Recommended Texts*:
Available from Homeopathic Educational Services (http://www.homeopathic.com)
Samuel Hahnemann, MD, The Organon of the Medical Art. Palo Alto: Birdcage, 1996 (this is the best and most recent translation of Hahnemann original and still important book on homeopathy)
Roger Morrison M.D, Desktop Companion to Physical Pathology, Pt. Richmond: Hahnemann Clinic Publishing, 1998. (to learn about the practical clinical application of homeopathy in primary care)
Frans Vermeulen, MD, Prisma Materia Medica. Haarlem, The Netherlands: Merlijn, 2002 (an excellent materia medica with detailed information about the chemistry, composition, and use of each medicine)
FREE Sample of Our eBook!
(This book CAN be purchased SEPARATELY from our eCourse)
You will find that there is a much greater body of research evaluating homeopathic treatment than you may presently realize. You will also see how we have systematically organized this research along with practical clinical information:
We begin each ailment with an “Bottomline” statement that summarizes what research exists, how amenable this condition is to homeopathic treatment by those who are not professional homeopaths, and if the person with this condition should seek professional homeopathic care.
We then discuss the homeopathic understanding of and approach to treating people with this ailment.
We discuss what homeopathic research exists in treating people with this condition.
We list and describe the most important homeopathic medicines to first consider in treating people with this condition and then other important remedies to consider.
We provide basic dose and potency information.
We provide reference information to studies cited as well as referral to other homeopathic books that discuss the treatment of this condition.
Students of our eCourse will receive a 6-year subscription to this e-book (a $300.00 value!)
This set of six CD-audios with Dana Ullman, MPH, CCH, was professionally taped and provide a solid overview of homeopathy and homeopathic family medicine. You will learn:
· What is homeopathy in light of its history and present status as well as in light of present understanding of science and medicine
· How to use 40 of the leading homeopathic medicine for common ailments
· The potential and limitations of homeopathy
· Easy-to-follow rules for finding the correct remedy and dose
· A review of clinical and laboratory research
· The homeopathic approach to AIDS and cancer
· The computerization of homeopathy
About our Faculty
Dana Ullman, M.P.H, CCH, is widely recognized as the foremost spokesperson for homeopathic medicine in the U.S. He has authored eight books, including The Homeopathic Revolution: Why Famous People and Cultural Heroes Choose Homeopathy (North Atlantic, 2007), Essential Homeopathy (New World Library, 2002), Homeopathy A-Z (Hay House, 1999), Homeopathic Medicines for Children and Infants (Tarcher/Putnam, 1992), and Discovering Homeopathy: Medicine for the 21st Century (North Atlantic, 1991) that includes a foreword by Dr. R.W. Davey, Physician to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Dana has served in an advisory and/or teaching capacity at alternative medicine institutes at Harvard, Columbia, and University of Arizona schools of medicine. He has developed the curriculum in homeopathy for Dr. Andrew Weil’s Program in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona. Also, Dana Ullman co-taught a ten-week course on homeopathy at the University of California at San Francisco School of Medicine from 1993 to 1995 and again in 1998.
Fees and Payment Plans
$1,295.00 when the eCourse is paid in full
__ Sign me up for the eCourse ($1,295) [#E-COURSE]
Payment Plan: $800.00 (1st installment); + 2 installments of $350.00.
__ Sign me up for the payment plan ($800 1st payment) [#E-COURSE1]
__ Here’s my 2nd payment [#E-COURSE2] $350.00
__ Here’s my 3rd payment [#E-COURSE3] $350.00
The eCourse includes in these fees Homeopathic Family Medicine (an eBook written by Dana Ullman, MPH…course graduates will receive a 6-year subscription to this eBook! $450.00 value) plus Homeopathic Healing (a set of 6 professional recorded CD-audiotapes with Dana Ullman, MPH…a $89.95 value)
E-Course without tutoring or continuing education credit: $900.00
__ Sign me up for the course without tutor instruction [#E-COURSE-SELF]
Refund policy: Up to $500 refund is available to people who pay for the entire course, prorated based on how many modules the participant has completed ($50 per uncompleted module) as long as this request is received within one year of sign-up.
Why YOU should take this eCourse…
· Whether you’re a health or medical professional or not, you will learn to treat yourself and your family using safer natural medicine!
· If you’re a health or medical professional, you will learn how to integrate homeopathic medicines into your clinical practice for a wide variety of common ailments.
· You will access an impressive body of clinical research that verifies the clinical value of using homeopathic medicines…and this body of information will be frequently updated.
· You will access information that you can trust.
· You will access information that represents the cutting edge of information on homeopathy.
· If you are new to homeopathy, this eCourse was developed by a person who has mastered explaining homeopathy in a user-friendly manner.
· If you are already knowledgeable about homeopathy, you will learn how to explain it in an easy-to-understand fashion.
· By following our recommended selections of e-Course material, you will learn homeopathy in a time-efficient and cost-effective manner.
· You do not have to become a homeopath to learn how to use select homeopathic medicines for numerous primary care ailments.