Impossible Cure: The Promise of Homeopathy by AMY LANSKY PhD
An excellent (!) & intelligent overview of homeopathy told by a mother of an autistic son who was cured!
Reviewers have described Impossible Cure as one of the most comprehensive and reader-friendly books about homeopathy — perfect for patient education and as a text for first-year students.
320 pages; Includes index and extensive references
The book includes:
- Dozens of first-person testimonials of homeopathic cures for a variety of physical, mental, and emotional conditions. Among these is the amazing story of how the author’s son was cured of autism with homeopathy.
- A comprehensive introduction to homeopathic philosophy. This includes a discussion of the Law of Similars, remedy provings, suppression, susceptibility, the law of cure, totality of symptoms, individualization of treatment, the center of the case, and prioritization of symptoms.
- A step-by-step guide for patients, including: how to find a homeopath; preparing for appointments and follow-ups; what to expect during a homeopathic interview; dosing; antidoting; and interactions with allopathic treatment. The issue of vaccination is also addressed — especially its relationship to autism and other chronic diseases.
- A thorough account of the history and development of homeopathy. This includes: the life of Samuel Hahnemann and his development of various potencies and dosing methods; the history of homeopathy in America; a description of techniques related to classical homeopathy; and the current legal status of homeopathic practice in America.
- An extensive chapter on scientific trials of homeopathy, as well as a discussion of possible explanations for the action of remedies within the relams of complexity and chaos theory and biophysics. The book also includes a unique description of homeopathic models of remedy action.
PRAISE FOR THIS BOOK:
Larry Dossey, MD, Executive Editor, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine; Author: Healing Beyond the Body, Reinventing Medicine, and Healing Words
“Many of the greatest advances in science and medicine begin as observations that don’t fit in. Homeopathy — the ‘impossible cure’ — is just that sort of challenge. Amy Lansky is a skilled guide to the world of homeopathy, and she dispels much of the mystery surrounding this form of therapy. Impossible Cure is a valuable insight for anyone wishing to know more about homeopathy and how it may fit into their search for health.”
Julian Winston, Editor, Homeopathy Today (USA), Editor, Homeopathy NewZ (New Zealand), Author, The Faces of Homeopathy, and The Heritage of Homeopathic Literature
“[Impossible Cure] is the finest general introduction to homeopathy I’ve yet read… [Lansky’s] writing is magnificently crafted, and all her facts and figures are as straight as can be. She weaves together a seamless exposition about homeopathy — what it is, how it developed, what research exists, and with it gives us her personal journey of discovery…
I have a goodly number of “homeopathic introductions” in my library. Many are just rehashes of the same old stuff. A few really do “step out” and present the material in a new way. This book takes the furthest step — in part because it is the most recent and can draw upon the latest thinking and research — but also because the author drew on the experiences of many people to help her and coupled that with her excellence as a word crafter. This book should be read by everyone interested in homeopathy, from the rank beginner to the seasoned professional. It has something new in it for everyone– no matter which level they are on… Bravo for Amy for having the vision to see it and the skill to make it happen.”
Bernard Rimland, PhD, Director, Autism Research Institute; Founder, Autism Society of America
“By writing Impossible Cure, author Amy Lansky has accomplished a (nearly) impossible task: provide a clear, comprehensible, and compelling exposition of homeopathy. Her autistic son’s remarkable response to homeopathic treatment motivated computer scientist Lansky to bring the long-neglected science of homeopathy to public attention. She has succeeded admirably. Impossible Cure is timely, informative, and remarkably reader friendly. An excellent, must-read book. Highly recommended!”
Louis Klein, RSHom, President, Luminos Homeopathic Courses Ltd., Luminos Schools, and Homeopathic Master Clinicians Course (www.homeopathycourses.com); Author: Clinical Focus Guide to Homeopathic Remedies and Luminos Homeopathic Provings
“Homeopathy is the emerging therapy that offers hope for truly curing chronic disease in a profound way. This book is a comprehensive introduction to the full extent of what homeopathy can do for you. By providing case histories, deep yet understandable explanations of homeopathy (including its relationship to modern medicine), and clear information on what it means to be a homeopathic patient, Impossible Cure is an invaluable resource. A perfect book for patients and first-year students of homeopathy.”