By Dana Ullman MPH, CCH
At the turn of the century there were 22 homeopathic medical schools in the U.S. Although none of these schools presently exist, a growing number of schools and training programs have begun in recent years and many more are expected in the years ahead.
We encourage you to visit our website at Homeopathic Educational Services (http://www.homeopathic.com/). In addition to accessing over 100 free articles on homeopathy, we have a very comprehensive online catalogue of hundreds of homeopathic books, tapes, medicines, medicine kits, software, and distance learning courses (we serve people ALL over the world with these products and services).
We highly recommend that people first learn how to use a homeopathic medicine kit, and there’s a new e-course that was developed just for this goal. For details, go to: http://www.HomeopathicFamilyMedicine.com — This e-course is a mixture of short videos and a detailed ebook that teach you how to use 50 to 100 (!) homeopathic medicines…plus the ebook provides reference to and description of 300+ clinical studies published in peer-review medical journals (in user-friendly ways!).
Five naturopathic medical schools have good programs in homeopathy. In order to get into them, you must have at least two years of chemistry, a year of biology, and some other pre- medical coursework. These schools offer a four-year program.
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine, 049 SW Porter, Portland, OR 97201. (530)255-4860 www.ncnm.edu
- Bastyr University, 14500 Juanita Dr NE, Bothell, WA 98011. (425)823-1300 www.bastyr.edu
- Bastyr University (San Diego, California) http://www.bastyr.edu/california — 4106 Sorrento Valley Blvd., San Diego, CA. 92121; 858-246-9700.
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, 2140 E. Broadway Road, Tempe, AZ 85282; (602)858-9100 www.scnm.edu
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, 1255 Sheppard Ave E., N. York, Ontario M2K 1E2, Canada www.ccnm.edu
- University of Bridgeport, College of Naturopathic Medicine, 60 Lafayette, Bridgeport, CT 06601. 800-392-3582. http://www.bridgeport.edu/academics/graduate/naturopathic-medicine-nd/
- “Luminous Homeopathic Courses“, taught by Lou Klein, RSHom, is for intermediate and advanced students/practitioners. It is taught in New York and Los Angeles. Contact him at 604-947-0757 or visit his web site: http://www.homeopathycourses.com/
. · The Berkeley Institute of Homeopathy, http://www.berkeleyinstituteofhomeopathy.com/
- Homeopathic Academy of Southern California, 22969 Vista Ramona Rd, Ramona, CA 92065
(760) 494-0542; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.homeopathic-academy.com
- The American University of Complementary Medicine (formerly Curentur University) offers a state approved course leading to a MA degree (11543 Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. 90064; 310-914-1446; www.aucm.org).
- The American Medical College of Homeopathy offers a 3-year program, classroom based and synchronous online, and meets requirements for professional homeopathic certification. 301 E Bethany Home Rd. Suite A-100, Phoenix, Arizona, 85012. 602-274-1885. http://www.amcofh.org/
- Los Angeles School of Homeopathy. 13323 W. Washington Blvd., #202, Los Angeles CA 90066; (310) 279-5016
- New England School of Homeopathy was founded by famed homeopath/naturopath Paul Herscu, ND, and offers training programs in Massachusetts, Washington, and occasionally other locations. For information, contact them at: 356 Middle St., Amherst, MA 01002; 413-256-5949; email@example.com.
- Academy of Homeopathy Education NYC | World; 6190 Ardleigh Street, Philadelphia, PA 19138; 212-967-4519; firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ahenycworld.com
- The Teleosis School of Homeopathy (5A Lancaster St., Cambridge, MA 02140; 617-547-8500; email@example.com) offers a two-year program plus two years of clinical training. See http://www.teleosis.com
- Baylight Center for Homeopathy, 222 Saint John Street Suite 208, Portland, ME 04102; (207) 774-4244; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.baylighthomeopathy.com
- The Falkner School for Homeopathy: “The Objective Observer Course”, a live, interactive, web-based 3 year training program, one year foundational course work, 2 years clinical training– http://thefalknerschool.com 541-552-1400
- The Northwestern Academy of Homeopathy, 7104 Lake St, West, St. Louis Park, MN 55426; (952) 955-4117; : email@example.com www.homeopathictraining.org
- Homeopathy School International, PO Box 7912, Loveland, CO 80537; (970)-685-4613; http://www.homeopathyschool.org.
- Nashville School of Homeopathy, 611 W. Meade Drive, Nashville, TN 37205; (310) 633-1588;
- Vancouver Homeopathic Academy, PO Box 34095, Station D, Vancouver, BC, V6J 4M1 Canada; 604-708-9387 http://www.v-h-a.com/
- Toronto School of Homeopathic Medicine, 17 Yorkville Ave., #200, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1L1, Canada; 416-966-2350. http://www.homeopathycanada.com.
- Hahnemann Center for Homeopathy and Heilkunst, 1445 St Joseph Blvd., Ottawa, Ontario K1C 7K9. 613-830-2556. http://www.homeopathy.com.
- Canadian Academy of Homeopathy, 1173 Blvd. Du Mont-Royal, Outremont, Quebec H2V 2H6, Canada. 514-279-6629. http://www.homeopathy.ca.
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, 1881 Yonge Street, Suite 500, Toronto ON M4S 3C4, CANADA; 416-966-2350; firstname.lastname@example.org www.homeopathycanada.com
Special trainings for dentists are available from National Dental Seminars (PO Box 123, Marengo, IL. 60152).
Training in veterinary homeopathy is available through Richard Pitcairn, DVVM, PhD has created a course called the Pitcairn Institute for Veterinary Homeopathy (http://pivh.org/)
Homeopathic Educational Services represents the Homeopathy School International; PO Box 7912, Loveland, CO. 80537; 970-685-4613; http://www.homeopathyschool.org — if you contact them, make certain to mention that “Dana Ullman” referred you in order to get the best discounts available! You can also sign-up for this course at: https://homeopathic.com/product/homeopathy-school-international-becoming-professional-homeopath/ or call (800-359-9051 or 510-649-0294).
Another program is available through Caduceus Institute of Classical Homeopathy (516 Caledonia, Santa Cruz, CA. 95012; 800-396-9778 or 831-466-0516). Instructor: Willa Esterson Keizer, CCH.
There are now three leading certifying organizations for homeopaths, and one for naturopaths:
♦The Council on Homeopathic Certification, P.O. Box 73 Lewisville, AR 71845; (866) 242-3399; http://www.homeopathicdirectory.com/
♦ The American Board of Homeotherapeutics, 617 W Main Street 4th Floor, Charlottesville, VA 22903, is for certified MDs and DOs. Contact them at 703-548-7790. https://homeopathyusa.org/certification.html
♦ The Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians, 12132 SE Foster Place, Portland, OR 97226, is the certifying organization for naturopathic physicians. Contact them at 503-761-3298, or visit their web address at http://hanp.net
FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN TRAVELING ABROAD…
The Royal London Hospital of Integrated Medicine offers training programs for MDs, DOs, and pharmacists (Great Ormond St., London WC1N 3HR, ENGLAND). A training program for physicians is available at the University of Oxford’s Dept of Continuing Ed.. Write: HPTG, 22 Farndon Road, Oxford OX2 6RT, England.
Also in England are numerous 4-year training programs for anyone interested. Contact the Society of Homoeopaths for a list of these schools: 11 Brookfield, Duncan Close, Moulton Park, Northampton NN3 6WL, ENGLAND
The Foundation for Homeopathic Research, founded by one of Rajan Sankaran’s leading students, offers a month-long course specifically designed for American and European students/practitioners. FHR, 8-5-Giriraj, Neelkanth Valley, Ghatkopar, Bombay 400 077, India.
In addition to these various courses, one excellent way to augment one’s study of homeopathy is through courses on audio and videotape. By thoroughly reviewing Homeopathic Educational Services’ comprehensive catalog, you will find numerous courses of immense value. Let us know if and how we can serve you.